The best way to describe the Bougainvillea Hotel is: A hotel surrounded by lush tropical gardens.
Located 10 minutes from downtown San José, this suburban hotel, surrounded by 10 acres of tropical gardens, gives you a feeling of the Costa Rican lifestyle and hospitality. The hotel is in a privileged location with easy access to the cities of San José and Heredia.
Our Tropical Garden
The wide variety of plants and birds that can be seen make our gardens the centerpiece of the Bougainvillea Hotel.
Our award winning landscaped-tropical garden is a showcase of the Central Valley's biodiversity. It features:
- Different types of bromeliads.
- Important crops from Costa Rica that have historically put Costa Rica on
the map like coffee, cacao, banana, and pineapple.
- Bougainvilleas, our signature flower.
Our Commitment with Sustainability
At the Hotel Bougainvillea we have been working diligently to achieve a culture of environmental sustainability. We have a continued awareness of the need for sustainable development and the role that responsible corporate citizens must play.
As recipients of the CST, Sustainable Tourism Certification, awarded by the Costa Rica Tourism Bureau (I.C.T.), we have implemented a program that reflects our philosophy by:
- Utilizing natural resources in the best possible manner.
- Honoring socio-cultural authenticity of the community.
- Providing socioeconomic benefits for employees as well as the neighboring communities.